Lemon-Basil Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1-1/4 inches thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1. In a shallow dish, combine egg and lemon juice. In another shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs, butter, lemon peel and basil. Dip pork chops in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- 2. Place in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 280 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Lemon-Basil Pork Chops
"Made these pork chops without the lemon peel ( I didn't have a fresh lemon available) and the juice was from Real Lemon. They turned out really good and the family enjoyed it! I am actually making these again tonight and now I have an actual lemon to juice and peel. I am betting the taste will be better! Thanks!"
"Won't make this again! Shake n bake would have been better!"