- 1-1/2 cups uncooked pearl (Israeli) couscous
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil, divided
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Cook couscous according to package directions; remove from heat. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper until blended; stir in 1/4 cup basil. Stir 1/4 cup dressing into cooked couscous; reserve remaining dressing.
- Thread shrimp onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill shrimp, covered, over medium-high heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove shrimp from skewers; toss with reserved dressing. Serve with couscous. Sprinkle with lemon peel and remaining basil. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forLemon-Basil Grilled Shrimp & Couscous
"Love lemon flavor foods but this dressing has a bitter rather than lemon taste. Made the couscous portion first so didn't do the shrimp. Too expensive for this dressing much better recipes out there."
"Very easy and tastes great! Will definitely fix again. The fresh Basil and Lemon really brought out the flavor."
"This recipe is ridiculously delicious and easy to prepare. Everyone raved about it. I alternated the shrimp with cherry tomatoes on some of the skewers. The general consensus was that tomatoes added an extra layer of flavor. Next time I will put cherry tomatoes on all the skewers. Thanks, Trish, for sharing this recipe."