Lemon-Basil Fruit Dressing
This tempting dressing from Carol Gano, Ballwin, Missouri, stirs up in a jiffy. The addition of basil makes it deliciously different, and honey balances the tart citrus taste. With the consistency of nectar, it enhances the natural goodness of most any fresh fruit medley.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 7-1/2 cups assorted fresh fruit
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients until blended. Place fruit in a serving bowl; serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 111 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 17mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Lemon-Basil Fruit Dressing in Light & Tasty October/November 2004