Lemon Basil Cookies Recipe
Prepared with a boxed cake mix, these light lemony cookies come from Pam Frankenfield of Halethorpe, Maryland. With flecks of basil, the yummy golden treats with flaked coconut and chopped pecans will be a hit at any summer gathering.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) lemon cake mix
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and lemon juice. Gradually add cake mix. Stir in the coconut, pecans, basil and lemon peel.
- 2. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 87 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Basil Cookies
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC