Lemon Basil Cookies
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and lemon juice. Gradually add cake mix and mix well. Stir in the coconut, pecans, basil and lemon zest.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 87 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 22, 2019
This recipe mix is too dry. The cookies do not make nor do they spread out, so the cookies burned on bottom and raw in middle. Only 1 egg yolk and teaspoon of lemon juice is all the liquid added to a box mix. Waste of time and ingredients. Big disappointment!!!
Aug 27, 2009
Very tasty cookie, and very easy to make!