Lemon Basil Chicken with Vegetables
Total TimePrep Time: 15 min. Cook Time: 1-1/4 hours
Makes5 to 6 servings
- 1 Reynolds® Oven Bag, Large Size
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons each dried basil and rosemary, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 small red potatoes, quartered
- 4 to 6 pound whole chicken
- 1 small yellow squash, cut in large pieces
- 1 small zucchini, cut in large pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut in 8 pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Shake flour in Reynolds® Oven Bag; place in 13x9x2-inch or larger baking pan at least 2 inches deep. Add lemon juice, 1 tablespoon each basil and rosemary, 1 teaspoon lemon peel and 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt to bag. Squeeze bag to blend in flour.
- Add potatoes to oven bag. Turn bag to coat potatoes. Push potatoes to sides of bag. Combine remaining seasonings; spoon 2 teaspoons into chicken cavity. Sprinkle and rub remaining seasonings over entire chicken; place in center of potatoes in bag. Arrange squash, zucchini and bell pepper over potatoes.
- Close oven bag with nylon tie; cut six 1/2-inch slits in top. Tuck ends of bag in pan.
- Bake 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 180°F. Let stand in oven bag 10 minutes; remove chicken from bag. Stir sauce and serve over chicken and vegetables.
Reynolds Kitchens Tip: Substitute 4 large (about 1 1/2 pounds) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves for the whole chicken. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 170°F. This shorter baking time will result in crisper vegetables than when using whole chicken.
Originally published as Lemon Basil Chicken with Vegetables in Taste of Home Quick & Easy Spring 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.