Lemon Artichoke Romaine Salad Recipe
- 10 cups torn romaine
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place first four ingredients in a large bowl. Place all remaining ingredients except cheese in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour over salad; toss to coat.
- 2. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 105 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 541mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Artichoke Romaine Salad
"This is one of my favorite salads. The dressing is perfect for the salad mixture. Love this!"
"I found the flavor in the average range. I probably won't make it again, since I have so many other salad recipes that I prefer, but it's not a bad recipe, and I can see others enjoying it. I would recommend people try it."
"I have made this recipe dozens of times and we just love it. It's the perfect salad to serve with Italian main dishes, especially when you have guests. I have also made it without the tomatoes, or using cherry tomatoes (halved) and it is great that way too. The dressing is very flavorful for being so light."
"This is garlicky, but oh-so delicious. I've taken it to pot lucks and parties, and it's wonderful."