Lemon Almond Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-3/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or ginger ale
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper; set aside 1/4 cup for sauce. Dredge chicken in remaining flour mixture, then dip in eggs.
- Heat oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- For sauce, melt remaining butter in a small saucepan. Add onions and garlic; cook for 1 minute. Stir in reserved flour mixture; cook and stir for 1 minute. Gradually add the broth, ginger ale and lemon juice; cook for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened and bubbly. Pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-30 minutes. Top with almonds, parsley and lemon. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 477 calories, 26g fat (9g saturated fat), 175mg cholesterol, 1517mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 14, 2013
This is a delicious lemon twist on a great dish for company. It helps to get all of the ingredients ready ahead of time, especially for the sauce, but it isn't difficult to make. I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs and they were perfect! The lemon garnish looks nice, but consider cutting the lemon into wedges if your family likes to squeeze the juice onto the chicken. Thanks for a superb recipe. It's a keeper for sure!
Jan 19, 2011
This is my most requested, and trusted recipe if I am serving company. It takes some time to prepare but the results are worth every minute.
Sep 24, 2010
This is a tried and true recipe in my collection that I often serve company