- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Preheat oven to 400°. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; brown chicken on both sides. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; reserve drippings. Bake chicken, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Meanwhile, in same skillet, cook and stir shallot and rosemary in drippings until tender. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Reduce heat to low; stir in lemon peel and juice. Whisk in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until creamy. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forLemon & Rosemary Chicken
"Quite tasty. I did use the smaller 4 oz portion of chicken breast. One reviewer had to cook them longer. I used larger pieces of meat another time, and needed to cook them longer too, but that's what I'd expect with thicker, bigger cuts. The meat thermometer takes ALL the guesswork out."
"This was delicious and relatively easy for how fancy it appears."
"This was a star with that wonderful sauce."