Leftover Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe
- 1 package (7 ounces) thin spaghetti, broken in half
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with turkey; set aside.
- 2. In a skillet, saute the mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Whisk in the soup, milk, poultry seasoning and mustard until blended. Stir in cheddar cheese; cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. Pour over turkey.
- 3. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses (dish will be full). Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 444 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 685mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Leftover Turkey Tetrazzini
"Reminds me of chicken Fettucine. Next time I will add more seasoning such as red pepper flakes. I saut?ed onion, carrot, red pepper, garlic cloves, and celery in butter then made the white sauce with soup, cream, and cheese. I added some chicken stock as the sauce seemed too thick. Then topped it with the mozzarella and paprika."
"DEE.LI.COIUS!! Made a few adjustments..16 oz bx elbow, 4 cups shredded turkey, 2 cps cream of mush, spinach, and probably doublet he cheese"
"Made it. Havent tried it yet. easy to make. I added spinch and bell pepers andjused canned mushrooms. Husband goung to throw it into oven when he gets home in am for his breakie would should pic of what it looks like atm but cant"
"I left out the mozzarella and topped with bread crumbs and added more parmesean cheese. Delish!"
"I have another Tetrazzini recipe that I cut out of Taste of Home YEARS ago that was good, but not great. It's like someone took that old recipe, revamped it and this was the result. This was SO much creamier and more flavorful - and it was even better the next day. I was skeptical about not mixing the pasta with the sauce before putting it in the oven, but it turned out perfect. I thought it needed some color, so I took a large red bell pepper and "roasted" it over an open flame, wiped off the charred skin, chopped it up and added it to the sauce. I think it worked out very well. I also used 8 oz. of mushrooms just because I love them. This is definitely a keeper. So glad I ran across it!"
"I substituted cream of mushroom with Cream of Onion. We though it had good flavor."
"This turned out delicious!!! Full of flavor and just the right amount of sauce! I will make this every year after Thanksgiving. I only had regular spaghetti on hand and I broiled at the end for a minute. I had seconds it was so yummy!"