Leftover Turkey Croquettes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage or 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups finely chopped cooked turkey
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/4 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, cheeses, shallot, rosemary, sage, salt and pepper; stir in turkey. Shape into twelve 1-in.-thick patties.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and water. Place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip croquettes in egg mixture, then in bread crumbs, patting to help coating adhere.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add half of croquettes; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove and keep warm. Repeat. If desired, serve with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts2 croquettes: 383 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 734mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Mar 2, 2020
These had a nice flavor. I used instant mashed potatoes and made them thicker than on pkg so they'd hold the form. I used cooked chicken I had in the freezer. I pulsed in a couple times in the food processor to get it chopped coarsely uniformly. My husband and I really liked them.