Leftover Turkey Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed whole grain bread
- 3 cups cubed white bread
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a large saucepan, bring the onion, celery and 1/2 cup broth to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the eggs, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and remaining broth until blended. Add the bread cubes, turkey and cranberries; mix well.
- Spoon into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a thermometer reaches 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 290 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 154mg cholesterol, 916mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein.
Apr 21, 2016
I make this quite often. I use equal parts celery and onion and I stir in jellied cranberry . It's a hit at our house! Add a salad and dinner roll. It's taste is like turkey dinner all over again.
Oct 15, 2015
My husband doesn't like the cranberries. Any suggestion what could beused instead?
Nov 15, 2010
Terrible! Very bland, feel like I wasted leftovers that could have been used in way more tastier ways!
Jun 26, 2010
i used 1/2 package prepackaged stuffing instead of the called for breadcrumbs. i then needed more liquid so i added 2 more cups broth. it turned out great...almost like a turkey dinner...
Jan 22, 2010
This recipe really perked up my leftover turkey! It has TONS of flavour and I loved the zing that the cranberries gave it. I served it with some mashed potatoes and veggies and it was like Thanksgiving casserole. I don't like the taste of leftover poultry, so this was a wonderful way to use it up!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.