- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup pureed cooked winter squash
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients; mix well. In a separate bowl, combine milk, squash, butter and eggs; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups about two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forLeftover Squash Muffins
"Great taste, couldn't be easier!"
"Great recipe! I used oil instead of the butter and they turned out great; nice and fluffy."