- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red or chopped green pepper
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cubed cooked pork (1/2-inch cubes)
- 3/4 cup frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup pork gravy
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a skillet, saute the onion, red pepper and celery in oil until crisp-tender. Add the pork, carrots, mushrooms, gravy, broth, soy sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until carrots are tender. Serve over rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forLeftover Pork and Vegetables
"made this tonight, and it super yummy!!! A keeper!"
"Just made this for dinner and it was excellent. The only thing I did different was that I used leftover pork chops cut into cubes and I didnt have pork gravy so I used a packet of dry turkey gravy and added one extra cup of water. I did double the recipe and it still turned out good. Next time I will make sure I have pork gravy but this is a keeper, easy, fast and delicious."
"This is a great way to use leftover pork. I didn't have frozen carrots so I added canned carrots at the end."
"This sounds good, I think we'll try it, sans the mushrooms. We're not much of mushrooms people except for pizza.thanks, cookie"