- 6 medium leeks (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 6 teaspoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 7-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 slices French bread or bread of your choice (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- In a Dutch oven, saute the leeks, mushrooms, tarragon and pepper in 2 tablespoons butter for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Spread one side of each slice with 1/2 teaspoon butter. Place Brie on buttered side of toasts.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Ladle soup into six 8-oz. bowls; place two toasts in each bowl. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forLeek Soup with Brie Toasts
"This soup taste great! It's smokey flavor is satisfying to me but my husband prefers it only as a side dish or appetizer. I dont always have brie cheese in my fridge because it is expensive so sometimes I will just by a box of cheesy texas toast in the freezer section. My teenager loves this soup too!"