Leek Prosciutto Pizza
This pizza is crazy good! It pops with flavor from caramelized leeks and garlic. The sweet onion is perfectly balanced by the salty prosciutto. I roast my own tomatoes when I have an abundance, but if you don't have fresh, canned tomatoes also work great. Don't be afraid of the four cloves of garlic —you'll love them. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), sliced
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add leeks and onion; cook and stir 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- Spread crust with tomatoes; top with leek mixture, prosciutto and cheese. Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.