Leek and Turkey Pizza
My family enjoys this hearty pizza. I like to make it in the summer when I have leftover grilled sausage. I just dice the grilled sausage and add it to the pizza. —Megan Taylor
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the leeks in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove and set aside. Crumble sausage into the same skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Place the crust on an ungreased baking sheet or 12-in. pizza pan. Spread with pizza sauce; top with leeks, sausage, onion and cheese. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until cheese just begins to brown.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 273 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 590mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Leek and Turkey Pizza in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.