My family enjoys this hearty pizza. I like to make it in the summer when I have leftover grilled sausage. I just dice the grilled sausage and add it to the pizza. —Megan Taylor
Recommended: 30+ Grilling Recipes to Bring to the Tailgate
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the leeks in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove and set aside. Crumble sausage into the same skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Place the crust on an ungreased baking sheet or 12-in. pizza pan. Spread with pizza sauce; top with leeks, sausage, onion and cheese. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until cheese just begins to brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Leek and Turkey Pizza in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p148