If you are looking for something to serve at a relaxing weekend brunch, look no further. My family always asks for this dish. The leeks and mushrooms make a terrific flavor combo. —Amy Mueller, Coopersville, Michigan
Recommended: 36 Savory Suppertime Pies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- Pastry for two single-crust pies (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small leek (white portion only), sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/3 cup cream sherry
- 1/3 cup Miracle Whip
- 10 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° On a lightly floured surface, roll each half of pastry dough into a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to 9-in. pie plates. Trim pastries to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plates; flute edges. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute leek and garlic until tender. Stir in sherry. Remove from heat; stir in Miracle Whip.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream and seasonings. Place 1 cup mushrooms and half of the leek mixture in each crust. Pour in egg mixture.
- Bake on a lower oven rack until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 40-50 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 quiches (6 servings each).
Originally published as Leek and Baby Portobello Quiches in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p154