Lazy Pierogi Bake Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 3 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. In the drippings, saute onions and garlic until tender. Add mushrooms; cook until tender. Add mushrooms; cook until tender. Stir in sauerkraut and half of the bacon. In a bowl, combine the soup, milk, celery seed and pepper. drain pasta. Place a fourth of the pasta in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Top each with a fourth of the sauerkraut and soup mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining bacon. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 16 servings.
1 each: 196 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 454mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Lazy Pierogi Bake
"My family loves it. It takes some time to make but it's worth it. This meal is a regular in our home."