- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 3 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. In the drippings, saute onions and garlic until tender. Add mushrooms; cook until tender. Add mushrooms; cook until tender. Stir in sauerkraut and half of the bacon. In a bowl, combine the soup, milk, celery seed and pepper. drain pasta. Place a fourth of the pasta in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Top each with a fourth of the sauerkraut and soup mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining bacon. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forLazy Pierogi Bake
"My family loves it. It takes some time to make but it's worth it. This meal is a regular in our home."