- 2 cups (16 ounces) small curd cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese and eggs. Stir in the flour, salt and 1 tablespoon butter.
- In a Dutch oven, bring 3 qts. of water to a boil. Reduce heat. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into simmering water, stirring gently to prevent sticking; cook pierogi in batches for 4-6 minutes or until slightly firm. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain; cool slightly.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and pierogi in remaining butter until lightly browned. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forLazy Pierogi
"Nice and easy recipe, I would add some cheddar cheese for more flavour. Will play with some spices as well and see what I can come up with."