Lazy Ham Bake
One day when I had leftover ham I did some experimenting and came up with this recipe.—Elaine Green, Mechanicsville, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut broccoli, thawed and drained
- 2-1/2 cups milk, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the ham, broccoli, 1 cup milk, soups, onion powder and garlic powder. Spoon into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine biscuit mix and remaining milk. Pour over ham mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 306 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 1660mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Lazy Ham Bake in Country Woman January/February 1997