Lazy Day Casserole
When I first served this wonderful brunch casserole at a family reunion a few years ago, I think I wrote out at least a dozen copies of the recipe! My husband and I enjoy country living in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 8 ounces day-old Italian bread or French bread, sliced
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and crumbled
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Line a greased 13x9-in. baking dish with bread. Sprinkle with sausage. Beat the eggs, milk and pepper; pour over sausage. Press bread down with a spatula to absorb egg mixture. Top with cheese and parsley.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 415 calories, 27g fat (13g saturated fat), 272mg cholesterol, 542mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Lazy Day Casserole in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.