Lazy Day Cake Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine topping ingredients. Spread over warm cake. Broil 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 9 servings.
Editor's Note:The cost per serving does not include optional ingredients such as garnishes. When there is a choice of two ingredients, the cost is figured with the first one listed.
1 piece: 353 calories, 15g fat (11g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Lazy Day Cake
"easy and delicious."
"This cake is WONDERFUL! Thanks for sharing a great recipe."