- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, combine topping ingredients. Spread over warm cake. Broil 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forLazy Day Cake
"I served this cake to a few of my neighbor's and everyone raved about it..Simple & Delicious..."
"easy and delicious."
"This cake is WONDERFUL! Thanks for sharing a great recipe."