Layered Veggie Egg Salad
For a tasty twist on traditional layered vegetable salad, we added leftover egg salad to the mayonnaise version. Fresh spinach as well as lettuce adds interest to the colorful and crowd-pleasing variation.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup Creamy Egg Salad
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 4 cups torn spinach
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 8 cups torn lettuce
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a bowl, combine the egg salad, mayonnaise and green onion. In a 2-1/2-qt. glass serving bowl, layer the spinach, carrot, lettuce, red onion, peas and tomatoes (do not toss). Spread egg salad mixture over top; sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
Originally published as Layered Veggie Egg Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.