Layered Vegetable Cheesecake
A cake that's savory instead of sweet? Absolutely! Everyone who tastes this cheesy concoction, topped with a dilly of a cucumber sauce, will relish its richness and come back for more. It's a family favorite. —Donna Cline, Pensacola, Florida
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + cooling Bake: 35 min. + chilling
Makes10-12 main-dish servings; 12-14 appetizer servings
- 1-1/3 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup diced green pepper
- 3/4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- CUCUMBER DILL SAUCE:
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped unpeeled cucumber
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Combine bread crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs, beat on low speed just until combined. Add sour cream, flour, onion, salt and pepper; beat just until combined. Pour 1 cup into crust; sprinkle with carrots. Continue layering with 1 cup cream cheese mixture, red pepper, then remaining cream cheese mixture. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate over night. In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients; refrigerate.
- Remove sides of pan. Serve chilled or warm with cucumber dill sauce.
- To serve warm, remove from the refrigerator 1 hour before serving. Let cheesecake come to room temperature for 30 minutes, then reheat at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's Note: Cheesecake may be baked a day ahead and refrigerated.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 344 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 449mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.