Layered Turkey Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 8 slices process American cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the rice, broccoli, turkey, mushrooms and cheese. Pour broth over top.
- In a small bowl, combine soup and mayonnaise; spread over top. Sprinkle with onions. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 379 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 696mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Dec 26, 2011
I made this with left over turkey. I used Uncle Ben's original flavor long grain & wild rice, which gave it a little more flavor, but it is still lacking something. I will make it again, but will try to spice it up a little more.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.