Layered Tortellini Salad
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 block (8 ounces) part-skim mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. For dressing, place the first eight ingredients in a blender. Cover and process until blended; process 1-2 minutes longer or until smooth.
- 2. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- 3. In a large glass bowl, layer the cabbage, spinach and tortellini. Top with mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, onion, bacon and feta cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
Jul 30, 2016
This salad has so much flavor and I love the colors! I have made this for a couple of Thanksgiving dinner meals and it's gotten rave reviews. This recipe is for sure a keeper :)
May 21, 2014
The layered ingredients of this salad are excellent but I am not a fan of the dressing....It is a good tasting dressing but it lacks body. Next time I will use a buttermilk dressing made from a box mix. (Hidden Valley Ranch) The salad is beautiful to the eye...but the dressing is way to thin....Maybe double the mayo in it.
Apr 27, 2014
This looked good to me & made for a party last night. Got rave reviews from everyone. A keeper for me
Apr 14, 2012
This salad received rave reviews from the people at the party I attended recently. I found the dressing to be an interesting combination of ingredients so I made it according to directions given. I thought it was good but I was not sure the guests would like it so I also had ranch dressing. I let them decide which dressing to use and the ranch dressing won out, but the salad was a big hit. Will make this again.
Aug 28, 2011
Made this for a golf party potluck and it was a big hit! Dressing is delicious too!
Jun 14, 2011
This salad was easy to make and my family enjoyed the different flavors and bright colors. It also tasted great the next day.
Jan 23, 2010
This salad is indeed very good. The only part I would leave out is the tortellini, as it's not a favourite in my home. The rest of it is delicious.
Jul 21, 2009
Great for the 4th of July, kinda of red, white and blue (green) spinach...summer festive. It was good and hearty for the vegeterian at our barbecue.
Jun 7, 2009
This has become one our favorite party salads. Rave reviews from everyone.