- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) ranch salad dressing
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water; set aside. In a large glass bowl, layer cabbage, spinach, tortellini, tomatoes and onions. Pour dressing over top; sprinkle with bacon if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forLayered Spinach Salad
"This salad is delicious. I usually reserve it for special occasions, though, because it is a lot of work. The 15 minute prep time is ridiculously optimistic! I suppose it could be accurate if you had already shredded the cabbage; sliced the onions; washed and torn the spinach; cut the tomatoes in half; and cooked and crumbled the bacon. Technically, that is indeed what the ingredient list specifies. However, most people would need to add all of those things into the prep time. :)"
"I've made this many, many times for summer potlucks and picnics and it always goes over very well. A keeper recipe for me!"
"It needs something....in general it was good, will make again but will need to tweak it."
"This is probably the most-requested recipe that I make for gatherings! I add one peeled and seeded sliced cucumber to it."
"This is a great main dish summer salad. I always get rave reviews when I serve this."