Layered Spinach & Orange Salad
A simple homemade vinaigrette coats this colorful salad sprinkled with mandarin oranges and shavings of Parmesan cheese. If you like salads with a refreshing citrus flavor, you’ll love this festive toss.—Jim Gales, Glendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons orange marmalade
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Arrange the spinach, oranges and onion on a serving plate. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, marmalade, salt and pepper. Pour over salad. Top with cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 119 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Spinach Salad & Cheese in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.