Layered Southwestern Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- Additional fresh cilantro leaves
- For dressing, in a blender, combine the first six ingredients; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a 4-qt. glass salad bowl, layer the remaining ingredients in the order listed. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 511 calories, 32g fat (11g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1127mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 22g protein.
Mar 15, 2011
This is one of the most amazing recipes I've ever made. The dressing totally makes it. People rave about it everywhere I take it. I've already made it several times and will continue. Delicious.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.