Layered Salad with Curry Dressing
This is a lighter version of the classic seven-layer salad. Curry powder adds a unique twist, while almonds give it a nice crunchy element. —Kerri Pelz, Hendersonville, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cauliflower
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- In a 3-qt. glass bowl, layer the salad greens, celery, pepper, cauliflower, green onions and peas.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice and curry; carefully spread over salad. Sprinkle with cheese. Chill until serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds.