Layered Roast Beef Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 pound sliced deli roast beef, cut into 3/4-inch strips
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- In a large salad bowl, layer a third of the greens, beef, carrots, onion and eggs. Repeat layers twice. Combine remaining ingredients; spread over salad. Toss just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 271 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 448mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Jun 22, 2014
I love easy, good-tasting recipes like this. This is great as an easy week-night meal in the hot summer weather, or any time for that matter. Next time I'll try half mayo and half ranch, as suggested. This would also make a good main dish salad for a potluck.
Oct 27, 2010
My family absolutely loves this. It's one of our favorites and I make it all the time. I have also substituted a little ranch dressing for some of the mayo before. Still great.
Jan 11, 2010
My husband and I absolutely love this recipe. I sometimes use less mayo and add ranch salad dressing instead. Any vegetable you like is good in this. When in season, I add fresh tomatoes, squash, and other veggies out of my garden. It's quick, easy and oh so good.