Layered Roast Beef Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 pound sliced deli roast beef, cut into 3/4-inch strips
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- In a large salad bowl, layer a third of the greens, beef, carrots, onion and eggs. Repeat layers twice. Combine remaining ingredients; spread over salad. Toss just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 271 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 448mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 22, 2014
I love easy, good-tasting recipes like this. This is great as an easy week-night meal in the hot summer weather, or any time for that matter. Next time I'll try half mayo and half ranch, as suggested. This would also make a good main dish salad for a potluck.
Oct 27, 2010
My family absolutely loves this. It's one of our favorites and I make it all the time. I have also substituted a little ranch dressing for some of the mayo before. Still great.
Jan 11, 2010
My husband and I absolutely love this recipe. I sometimes use less mayo and add ranch salad dressing instead. Any vegetable you like is good in this. When in season, I add fresh tomatoes, squash, and other veggies out of my garden. It's quick, easy and oh so good.