I've prepared this fast-to-fix salad for my bridge club several times, and I always get requests for the recipe," reports Susan Graham of Cherokee, Iowa. "If I don't have leftover roast beef on hand, I use sliced roast beef from the deli with equally tasty results."
Recommended: 32 Favorite Mediterranean Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 pound sliced deli roast beef, cut into 3/4-inch strips
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- In a large salad bowl, layer a third of the greens, beef, carrots, onion and eggs. Repeat layers twice. Combine remaining ingredients; spread over salad. Toss just before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Layered Roast Beef Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p52
Reviews forLayered Roast Beef Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2010
"My family absolutely loves this. It's one of our favorites and I make it all the time. I have also substituted a little ranch dressing for some of the mayo before. Still great."