Layered Reuben Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/8 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 small tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 package (2 ounces) thinly sliced deli corned beef
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup cubed rye bread
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Place the sauerkraut in an ungreased 3-cup baking dish; sprinkle with caraway seeds. Layer with the tomato wedges, salad dressing, corned beef and Swiss cheese. Toss bread cubes and butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 166 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 1403mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Mar 30, 2015
Easy and tasty. I am not a reuben eater and I like it too. This dish has a good and well balanced flavor.
Jan 30, 2010
The only thing I changed was to use the fat free dressing.
Aug 25, 2009
re" Reuben CasseroleI've been making this in the slow cooker for years with chicken breasts and french dressing. A real family favorite! About 6 hours on low.
Aug 24, 2009
Could this be made in a slow cooker?
Mar 16, 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.