Layered Reuben Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/8 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 small tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 package (2 ounces) thinly sliced deli corned beef
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup cubed rye bread
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Place the sauerkraut in an ungreased 3-cup baking dish; sprinkle with caraway seeds. Layer with the tomato wedges, salad dressing, corned beef and Swiss cheese. Toss bread cubes and butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 166 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 1403mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 30, 2015
Easy and tasty. I am not a reuben eater and I like it too. This dish has a good and well balanced flavor.
Jan 30, 2010
The only thing I changed was to use the fat free dressing.
Aug 25, 2009
re" Reuben CasseroleI've been making this in the slow cooker for years with chicken breasts and french dressing. A real family favorite! About 6 hours on low.
Aug 24, 2009
Could this be made in a slow cooker?
Mar 16, 2009