Layered Peanut Butter Brownies Recipe
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, butter and vanilla until smooth. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to egg mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Spread remaining batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and milk on low just until combined. Carefully spread over batter. Drop reserved batter by tablespoonfuls over filling. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Chill until serving. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 190 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Layered Peanut Butter Brownies
"Loved these brownies! They turned out perfect, just like the picture. I am not sure about the suggestion to double the brownie layer, I don't think they will fully bake this way without over-browning the top. We will definitely be making these again."
"DELISH :`) My 11 year old niece and I made these this afternoon. We had a blast & they turned out great (the kitchen may look like a bomb went off ~ but that's beside the point!) They were super easy. We followed the recipe to the letter, and while I wondered about the amount of brownie batter for the bottom layer (as a couple of other reviewers noted) it cooked up perfectly, just the way the directions read. We of course dug into them before they were cooled completely, but they really got good after sitting in the fridge a couple of hours, the peanut butter portion got very "cheese-cakie". Really a great recipe ~ Thank you for sharing!"
"My 14 year old son choose this recipe for part of his cooking class semester exam. I supervised, but he made them and did a fabulous job. They turned out perfect and look just like the photo. To address the swirling issue, he just swirled the chocolate, trying not to go into the peanutbutter. His father also thought the brownie layer should be thicker. I am concerned that if you double the brownie batter, it wouldn't get done? Has anyone doubled it? They are moist and delicious and we cut them small."
"Oh and the originator of this recipe must cut really small brownies, because there is no way this recipe makes 36. I cut 18 squares from it."
"After making the brownie batter, I was concerned that there wouldn't be enough of it to cover my baking dish. I was right, after baking, the chocolate brownie layer is rather thin. The peanut butter and cream cheese layer is too much. Next time I make this recipe, I will probably double the amount of chocolate brownie layer to compensate for this. Other than that, this is a very delicious tasting brownie."
"These brownies were absolutely perfect! Kklancaster you must have done something wrong"
"This did not swirl. The peanut butter cheese cake was too runny. The brownie part was so thick so when swirling it just made a mess."
"I made this using a few adjustments for high altitude (I live in the Rocky Mountains) and it turned out perfect! They are so moist & chewy. Love the peanut butter - cream cheese - chocolate combo."
"Excellent brownies! I've made these twice for my husband to share with his coworkers, and they've made me famous. Absolutely delicious and a definite keeper!"