Layered Orange Gelatin
"I reduced the calories and fat in a tangy gelatin recipe my mom gave me," explains Angie Philkill of Zeeland, Michigan. The lovely molded salad forms layers as it chills. "We especially enjoy it with ham," she adds.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 pint orange sherbet, softened
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Drain oranges, reserving the juice; set oranges aside. Stir juice into gelatin. Add cream cheese; beat until smooth. Stir in sherbet and whipped topping. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Top with oranges. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 125 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Layered Orange Gelatin in Quick Cooking September/October 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.