- 1-1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Chocolate-covered coffee beans, optional
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of prepared pan. In another bowl, mix the coffee granules, hot water and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Divide batter in half. Stir melted chocolate into one portion; pour over crust. Stir coffee mixture into the remaining batter; spoon over chocolate layer. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes; loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove rim from pan. For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Spread over cheesecake. Top with coffee beans if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forLayered Mocha Cheesecake
"I made this and it was an absolute hit - with everyone!!! It is so rich; cut small slices, but when you do that, you can go back for more. I got 2 marriage proposals from friends' husband :), and my husband thought it terrific!!I did use the water bath method, and it turned out perfectly: set just right. Texture and taste were perfection. It is now one of our favorites.arslp"
"I made this exactly as the recipe is written. Everyone loved it. very rich, so cut into smaller slices."
"Stunning presentation and lovely combination of flavors. The bain marie (hot water bath) is extra work, but I've never had a cheesecake crack when baked in the hot water. I use almost boiling water - reduces baking time. Used espresso powder. Only suggested change would be to make the glaze with whipping cream instead of butter. This glaze as directed gets too hard in the refrigerator to cut nicely. 9" springform is a perfect fit."
"Used chocolate graham crust and espresso powder. So delicious it should be illegal! Freezes well as a whole cheesecake or individually sliced pieces for that perfect pick me up dessert. I did use 2 sheets of heavy duty foil each wrapped separately. Add warm Glaze with cheesecake room temp or cool--it sets up fast when cheesecake is frozen."
"Tastes as good as it looks. Very rich. I will make it again."
"Looks so delicious. I just have a question. After the cheesecake has been refrigerated , should the glaze be cooled before spooning onto cheesecake. Thanks very much. Haven't tried it yet but I will rate in on appearance."
"I have made this cheesecake MANY times, this is one that my boss has asked for multiple times, and I always make it for his birthday. Its VERY rich, so a small slice is perfect, so it serves a nice size crowd. one of my absolute favorite cheesecakes of all time! I always add a little extra coffee or use instant espresso as it gives it a richer coffee flavor. Also, dark chocolate instead of semi sweet. YUM!!!"
"I have a question. Could I substitute egg beaters for the whole eggs and how about a low fat version of the cream cheese. I done lots of cheesecakes, but this one looks elegant. I love the chocolate dipped coffee bean addition. I've used them for several cakes before. I had to add a rating to be able to submit. Since I haven't baked it yet, I rated the appearance :)"
"To Steph: Try coconut flour--1/4 cp-same as recipe and add an extra egg -(to the 4 eggs) This should do the job!"
"Cheesecake Factory has nothin on this recipe! Holy smokes! This is amazing!! Already making a second one in 2 weeks!!!"