Layered Mediterranean Dip
Family and friends will dive into this delightful dip with an Italian flair. Black olives bring a bit of saltiness to the creamy layered mixture.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Baked pita chips
- Place beans in a large bowl; stir in pesto until blended. Spread into a 13x9-in. dish.
- In another bowl, beat the sour cream, cream cheese, Italian seasoning and pepper until smooth; layer over bean mixture. Sprinkle with vegetables, cheeses and olives. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 90 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Layered Italian Dip in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011