Layered Mediterranean Dip with Pita Chips
Not your ordinary layer dip, the bold combination of hummus and Greek yogurt will be a new most-requested recipe at your next baby shower or gathering. —Elizabeth Dumont, Boulder, Colorado
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 medium seedless cucumber, chopped
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 carton (10 ounces) hummus
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 2 packages (4 ounces each) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- Optional: Minced fresh parsley and additional minced fresh mint
- PITA CHIPS:
- 20 pita pocket halves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Line a strainer with 4 layers of cheesecloth or 1 coffee filter and place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer and cover with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. In a small bowl, combine the strained yogurt, cucumber, vinegar and mint.
- 2. Spread hummus in the bottom of a 9-in. deep dish pie plate. Layer with onion, peppers, feta cheese, olives, tomatoes and yogurt mixture. Top with parsley and additional mint if desired. Chill until serving.
- 3. Cut each pita half into 3 wedges; separate each wedge into 2 pieces. Place in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets. Brush both sides with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp, turning once. Serve with dip.
0.250 cup dip with 6 chips: 178 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 478mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Jul 12, 2019This is not only beautiful but delicious the flavors blend so well - it is amazing
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC