- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Additional fresh dill
- In a large salad bowl, layer the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, snipped dill, basil, salt and pepper; carefully spread over salad.
- Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight. If desired, top with additional dill. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forLayered Lettuce Salad
"All the layers in this salad make it pretty to serve. I really like the taste of the dressing on the top. I also like that all the ingredients can be tasted and enjoyed but none stands out more than the others. When I made it I left out the parsley layer."
"Turned out fabulous. I received several compliments on this and will definitely will make again."
"I use lettuce, fresh spinach, swiss cheese, peas, hard boiled eggs, bacon, and onion. Alternating layers. Very pretty presentation."
"thank you taste of home, I had googled this and Kraft foods counld not come up with the recipe. Just got to love you Taste of Home."