- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in half of the pie filling. Fold in the whipped topping. Spoon into crust. Spread remaining pie filling over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forLayered Lemon Pie
"I make these every Christmas one lemon, one chocolate, and one pistachio with a ready made graham cracker crust, cream cheese and confection sugar and cool whip followed by large box of pudding make cookies and cream for the kids. Cool whip with chocolate chips or shaved chocolate, coconut on top or anything you prefer. Just a bit different but just as good"
"This had a nice light lemon taste and was so easy to make. I believe this would also be good with a shortbread crust as noted by another reviewer for those of you who do not like graham cracker crust."
"Anyone know of canned lemon without the color Yellow 5 or 6 in it?? We have an intolerance to it."
"OMG. This pie was so simple and amazing everyone loved it."
"This is fantastic - but I added lemon zest and lemon oil . I like a really lemon flavor the pie filling alone isn't much."
"This is an awesome lemon pie recipe. It is so simple."
"Sorry to say I thought I had "ALL" the ingredients when I went to the grocery store but had missed the lemon pie filling. I ended up using the cook and serve lemon pie filling and following the directions to it then adding the rest of the ingredients as listed. Turned out perfect. Took it last night to a card/domino party and everyone enjoyed it! Will try the other as it takes less time to prepare. Also, like someone else, I think i'd like it better with a flour/regular crust. A keeper for sure!! Thanks "
"I have been making this very same recipe for 20 years+. I came up with it out of the blue to change up regular cheesecake....but I add lemon juice to the cream cheese mixture to give it that extra lemon flavor. You can also do this same thing with key lime pie filling."