- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in half of the pie filling. Fold in the whipped topping. Spoon into crust. Spread remaining pie filling over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forLayered Lemon Pie
"Delicious and easy to do. Was a big hit. I will try it with other flavors as well."
"This is a great light desert. Making it again and a strawberry version for Easter Sunday."
"Yummy and easy to whip up. Used Neufchatel cheese and light whipped topping with no problem. I think I may try with lemon pudding next time."
"In answer to the reviewer that asked about the food coloring - make your own lemon curd. That should work and WAY yummy. I gave not tried this andxwas disappointed on reading thru ingredient list that it’s pre-pkg stuff but I think this is good footprint if you want to do from scratch??"
"I make these every Christmas one lemon, one chocolate, and one pistachio with a ready made graham cracker crust, cream cheese and confection sugar and cool whip followed by large box of pudding make cookies and cream for the kids. Cool whip with chocolate chips or shaved chocolate, coconut on top or anything you prefer. Just a bit different but just as good"
"This had a nice light lemon taste and was so easy to make. I believe this would also be good with a shortbread crust as noted by another reviewer for those of you who do not like graham cracker crust."
"Anyone know of canned lemon without the color Yellow 5 or 6 in it?? We have an intolerance to it."
"OMG. This pie was so simple and amazing everyone loved it."