I found this recipe in an old cookbook and changed it to be extra citrusy. If you’re a fan of key lime pie, change out the lemon flavors for lime. —Dawn E. Lowenstein, Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
Featured In: 50 Party Recipes So Good You Won't Have Leftovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each ) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 jars (10 ounces each) lemon curd or 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- In a large bowl, mix cracker crumbs, 3/4 cup sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter. Reserve half of mixture for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in cream and extract until soft peaks form. Spread half of the cream cheese mixture over crust. Gently spread lemon curd over cream cheese layer. Spread with remaining cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with reserved cracker crumbs. Refrigerate, covered, overnight. Freeze option: After assembling; cover and freeze dessert. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Layered Lemon Dessert Squares in Make & Take Cookbook Bookazine 2016, p121
Reviews forLayered Lemon Dessert Squares
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2017
"easy to make and loved by all. Even the smallest kids were asking for more. Always leary trying new things but it was a definate hit!!"