Layered Lemon Dessert Cups
Charles can't get enough of lemon dishes, so he loves the creamy Layered Lemon Dessert Cups.
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- In a small bowl, cut butter into flour until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Press onto the bottom of four 6-oz. custard cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until fluffy; fold in whipped topping. Spoon over crusts. Cover and chill. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Gently stir in the vinegar, lemon juice, butter and lemon extract. Cool to room temperature without stirring. Spread over cream cheese layer. Chill for 4 hours or overnight. Top with whipped topping if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 466 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Layered Lemon Dessert Cups in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.