Layered Gelatin Salad Recipe
It's nice to offer a cool gelatin salad as an alternate to hot side dishes. Make it ahead and relax a little on the day of your party.
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 2-1/2 cups boiling water, divided
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup whipped topping
- 1 envelope envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve lemon gelatin in 1-1/2 cups boiling water. Drain pineapple, reserving 2/3 cup juice; set juice aside. Stir pineapple into gelatin. Pour into a 2-qt. glass bowl. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and whipped topping; set aside. Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water; let stand for 1 minute. In a small saucepan, bring the reserved pineapple juice to a boil; stir in dissolved unflavored gelatin. Add to the cream cheese mixture; mix well. Carefully spread over the chilled lemon layer. Refrigerate until firm.
- 3. In a bowl, dissolve lime gelatin in remaining boiling water. Stir in remaining cold water. Chill until partially set. Beat with a portable mixer until foamy. Pour over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours or overnight. Yield: 8-10 servings.
3/4 cup: 206 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Layered Gelatin Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC