Layered Fresh Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- FRUIT SALAD:
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1. Place first six ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Cool completely. Remove cinnamon stick.
- 2. Layer fruit in a large glass bowl. Pour juice mixture over top. Refrigerate, covered, several hours. Yield: 12 servings
1 serving: 110 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Layered Fresh Fruit Salad
"I've made this salad many times and people rave about it. My adult children request I bring it to family gatherings. I usually omit the grapefruit but put fresh blackberries on top of it. They really give it an elegant look."