Layered Fiesta Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 2 cups fat-free sour cream
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup each shredded reduced-fat cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- Tortilla chips
- In a bowl, combine beans and chilies. Spread onto a 12-in. round serving platter. Combine the sour cream and taco seasoning; spoon and spread evenly over the bean mixture. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the peas, onion, lime juice, chili powder, garlic and hot pepper sauce; cover and process until smooth. Spread evenly over sour cream layer. Sprinkle with cheeses, tomatoes and green onions. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 143 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meat.
Nov 30, 2013
Recipe is a 5 star if you replace the peas with avocados. Took it to a potluck and everyone loved it!
Sep 23, 2012
We made this recipe with two adjustments which resulted in the five-star rating. First, we substituted two avocados for the peas. Second, we used a bit more than a third of a cup of green onions. My husband declared this "the best layer dip ever."